Thursday, July 17, 2008

The "WmH - Double Feature" play of the day for the Spa


Each racing day I will make a special wager in honor of my late father; Bill Hoffman. The wager will be called; The “Wm.H – Double Feature” play of the day. This play will be a $2.00 daily double that will consist of the numbers: 2-3. My father always played those numbers because it was my mother’s birthday (August 23rd). Since NYRA will be introducing “rolling doubles” on every race this year, there will be eight to nine opportunities each day. The play can come in any race and the best “2-3” combination will be used. The “double feature” part not only comes from the daily double play, but also my father’s love of motion pictures. Any winnings from this wager will be donated by me to the American Cancer Society at the end of the race meet, so I’ll be playing this wager each day for real. If I’m unlucky with this wager (hopefully I won’t) I will still make a $75.00 contribution to the cancer society at the close of the meet. But, the main objective is to cash with this unique wager. The 2008 Saratoga meet will be dedicated to dad and my ultimate goal is to be the top public handicapper of the 36 day meet. The first year I handicapped for the Recorder, I had over 100 winners. Unfortunately it’s been few and far between the total since then and this year I’m going to try extra hard to break the 100 win barrier. It’s going to be an exciting 36 days with the best racing in the world and this year it will mean even more to me.

No comments: